Monday, February 21, 2011

I'm the coolest person you'll ever meet. I'm also a liar.




So let's get things started, shall we?

I'm Heather and I think I'm pretty awesome. Hopefully, you will, too. :] Since I'm on Cloud 9, I'll tell you about my plans for this weekend! But first, let me tell you why I'm flying across the freaking country.

I'm in a long-distance relationship with the most amazing guy in the world. His name is Skyler and we've been together for 6 months and 3 days. That's a pretty long time for me because most of my "relationships" only last for like, four months, tops. This, of course, is aside from the relationship with my freaking orthodontist and braces, which is going on FIVE years. Hopefully that one will be over soon. Lol. Anyhoodles, back to the stuff I actually care about! We have a pretty interesting story. Well, I think so, anyway.
One day, a friend of mine from high school, who is now in the Navy, posted some really lame lyrics as his status on Facebook. The status practically begged to be made fun of, so I obliged. A little while later, this guy named Skyler, who was on the same ship as my friend, commented, too, making fun of him. I replied "I love this Skyler kid." And so began my career as a psychic. Lol. Just kidding, I'm not a psychic. But I ended up falling in love with the kid. :]

He was stationed in Illinois at the time, which sucks, because I'm a Texas girl. We talked for quite some time and became crazy about each other. We were inseparable. Except for, you know, the 1,100 miles that separated us. But tomato, potahto. Anyhoo, we talked about when he was coming home on leave and decided I'd go to his hometown [also in Texas, thank goodness] so we could meet and spend time together. In my head, I figured it could go one of two ways: either we wouldn't have the chemistry that we did on the phone and all that, or he'd be everything I expected and it'd be fine. The first time I held him in my arms was the day before our 4 month anniversary. I planned to stay for 4 days, but ended up staying a week. Remember how I said it could go one of two ways? Apparently, there was a third option that I didn't know about. Everything was so much better than I had expected and he was perfect. So 4 days turned into a week because I just couldn't bear the thought of not spending more time with him. When I finally had to go back home, I cried my eyes out. I couldn't let go of this kid and bawled on his chest while people stared. It didn't matter that I was screwing up my makeup or making a scene. Nothing mattered but the fact that I had to leave. We texted the entire 12 hour bus ride back to my hometown.

So this weekend, I'm getting on a plane and going to see him again. I hate flying because of the whole ears-popping thing, plus I don't like being stuck on a plane by myself. I tend to do things on my own, so I just wander around until I figure out what I'm doing. Not a very good thing. Lol.

At this point, you may think "Wait, you just whined about how hard it was to leave him the first time. Are you really dumb enough to do it again, especially since you're only going to get to spend two days with him?" And the answer is yes, I am dumb enough to go through that again, and I'll go through it as many times as I have to. I'm so in love it's ridiculous. I have pictures of us on the walls of my bedroom. [Never happened before.] I have two pages in my scrapbook of us, and I plan on making at least one page just about him. [Also never happened before.] He and my mother text. [BIG deal, because she and I are very close and I don't introduce her to someone unless I'm serious about them.] He answered all of her questions and actually told me he wouldn't be with me until he got her approval. He puts up with me being crazy and moody and a brat in general. But he doesn't see it as "putting up with me." He lets me know what he's doing so I don't worry. [I worry A LOT.] He tells me I'm beautiful and, while I'm not yet comfortable using that word myself, I believe he thinks so, which is a huge deal because of all my insecurities. He introduced me to his family and explained to them that I'm a big part of his life. I've never been the marriage type, but I can see it happening, so much so that I have a date picked out, and he likes it, too.
So if any of ya'll are gonna be in the Austin, TX area on August 18, 2012, feel free to stop by. I'll be the one in white. <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment